EB1 and EB2/NIW Permanent Residency
“I am extremely happy with the service I received from Buda Law Group. I am from China, and my PhD is in Biology. Because of Mr. Buda’s great help, I was approved for both the EB1 and NIW green card classifications.”
If you are considering to apply for:
- EB2/NIW or
- O Visa,
Contact Buda Law Group to schedule a free consultation.
John B. Buda, Esq., will discuss your immigration goals with you personally.
EB1: Extraordinary Ability Green Card
What is the definition of “Extraordinary Ability”?
- ‘Extraordinary ability’ means a level of expertise indicating that you have risen to the top of your field of endeavor. “Top of the Top”.
- The individual should possesses ‘extraordinary ability’ in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. Entertainment Industry qualifies under “Arts” or “Business”.
Your achievements must:
- Have been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim
- Be recognized in the field through extensive documentation
EB2/NIW: National Interest Green Card
Easier to secure than the EB1, because the qualifications are less and easier to prove.
Three factors are considered in determining whether the individual’s work will substantially benefit the national interests of the USA:
- Individual seeks to work in an area of ‘substantial intrinsic merit’. Substantial intrinsic merit means the employment benefits the U.S. national economy, culture, education or welfare in a meaningful manner. Entertainment Industry qualifies under “Culture” and “Economy”
- Individual’s work must have a benefit which will be ‘national in scope’, rather than bring benefits to a limited region in the USA.
- Individual must ‘serve the national interest to a substantially greater degree than would an available US worker having the same minimum qualifications’.
Requirements are similar to “Extraordinary Ability Green Card”, but somewhat less of the high standard because it is only a 3 year non-immigrant visa, and not a Green Card. Requires a company sponsor. Works well for Entertainment Industry applicants because agents can sponsor their clients.[easy_contact_forms fid=3]