The EB1 Extraordinary Ability application process carries a double standard: It has both a much higher standard for approval, whilst maintaining a higher proportion of approvals for qualifying applicants. This particular category is quite popular amongst Indian and Chinese applicants. What differentiates EB1’s from the EB2 NIW category is the fact that the application is current and not backlogged. For Indian and Chinese nationals, an EB1 application means they can obtain US residency (green card) in a matter of weeks or months because the EB1 category is current and not backlogged or delayed.
Extraordinary ability does not imply that an advanced degree is required. For applicants that have more artistic accomplishments there are categories that cover their backgrounds. An applicant specializing academically can make up for a lack of having a certain advanced degree by demonstrating a large volume of impactful research viewed on a national and/or international scale (Scientific conferences, conventions, etc.) More times than not, USCIS will agree with these petitions in a very timely and efficient manner if the application follows regular USCIC procedures and standards.
In order to qualify for this particular EB1category, the applicant must show documentation in three of the following areas:
- Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence;
- Membership in associations in the field that demand outstanding achievement of their members, as judged by recognized national or international experts;
- Published material about the alien in professional or major trade publications;
- Evidence that the alien is a judge of the work of others in the field;
- Evidence of the alien’s original contributions of major significance to the field;
- Authorship of scholarly articles;
- Display of the alien’s work at artistic exhibitions or showcases;
- Evidence the alien has performed in a leading or critical role for organizations that have a distinguished reputation;
- Evidence that the alien commands a high salary in relation to others in the field; or
- Evidence of commercial success in the performing arts.
At Buda Law Group, we handle the entire application process for you and guarantee the highest level quality of work to ensure your application gets approved in the fastest way possible. Any and all proactive steps that exist will be taken, and that is our pledge.
If any further questions exist, they will gladly be answered by the team here at Buda Law Group.
Thank You,John B. Buda, Esq. www.budalawgroup.net
office: 310-452-1872 firstname.lastname@example.org 3301 Ocean Park Blvd. Suite 205 Santa Monica, CA 90405